Work in the new Zane’s Guide, which will deal with assault and sniper rifles, is progressing and I hope to have the sourcebook ready some time next week. In the meantime, here is a little teaser:
Zeta Fantastic Mark One
Assault rifle, very rare
The Zeta Fantastic Mark One has a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls. It has 6 charges and regains 1d6 used charges daily at dawn.
Replay shot (requires attunement): After you have hit a creature with this weapon, further shots against the same target gain a +2 bonus to the attack roll and negate any AC bonus from cover. This effect lasts until you hit a different creature or the encounter ends.
So many choices (requires attunement): While holding the Zeta Fantastic Mark One, you may use an action and spend 1 or 2 charges to use one of the following features:
- Flamethrower (1 charge): Every creature inside a 15-foot cone must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw and takes 4d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful save.
- Freeze ray (2 charges): Choose a creature you can see within 60 feet. The target must make a DC 15 Strength saving throw (creatures with cold resistance have advantage on their saving throws, while those immune to cold damage are not affected at all) and is paralysed for 2d6 rounds on a failed save. A paralysed creature makes a new saving throw at the end of each of its turns and is no longer paralysed on a successful save.
- Netcaster (1 charge): Fires a net at a creature you can see up to 30 feet away. A successful ranged attack roll is required to hit and restrain the target. The net follows the normal rules for nets, except that it requires a DC 14 Strength check or 120 slashing damage to break free from it.
- Poison bolt (1 charge): Make a ranged attack roll against a creature you can see. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 piercing damage and must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. A failed save means that the target takes 2d10 poison damage and is poisoned for 2d6 rounds. On a successful save, the target takes only takes 1d10 poison damage and is not poisoned.
- Rocket launcher (2 charges): Fires a small rocket at any point you can see within 300 feet. Every creature inside a 20-foot sphere must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw and takes 6d6 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful save.